August 15, 2011

Jelly Sandwich?

The "jelly sandwich" seems to be the talk of the town over at the MUA nail board at the moment, it's a jelly polish with glitter or flakies sandwiched in between which gives a more muted effect. Here is my second attempt at a jelly sandwich - I have used BYS Wild Orchids and OPI Teenage Dream in the middle















 

















Macro













I almost didn't pick up Wild Orchids from BYS because i thought it would be too similar to OPI Too Hot Pink To Hold'em (which I love!), I did a quick bottle shot and even though they do look nearly the same in the picture - Wild Orchids is slightly lighter in colour and a little more sheer.
















7 comments:

  1. This is lovely. Its very soft and girly :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm great sandwich, nom nom. Actually more like, lick lick, its looks so juicy like an icy-pole.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, exactly! It looks like a juicy icey-pole! :o) Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jelly sandwich? I don't follow MUA so I'm out of the loop-what should I be looking at on there?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone - I really liked the jelly sandwich idea

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really great idea-sandwich (I'm getting hungry), colors looks amazing and hidden shimmer in the middle is perfect

    ReplyDelete